2022 | Top 8 Best EPUB to PDF Converter Free Download
If you prefer reading books on your digital devices, you have likely come across EPUB files. This is the file extension that is mostly used for eBooks. While EPUB file works and opens on most devices out there, certain devices will not support this format. In these cases, you will need to convert your EPUB files to a more compatible format.
One of the common formats you can consider is PDF (EPUB vs. PDF). This one works across nearly all platforms and is easy to manage and keep. Luckily, there are many best EPUB to PDF converter software available and you can use these to get all your eBooks converted to a widely recognized format. So in this guide, we will share with you some best free EPUB to PDF converter software, including online and offline best PDF converter.
Best 8 Free EPUB to PDF Converter Software for Free Download
- #1. EPUB to PDF Converter - [Windows]
- #2. Icecream PDF Converter - [Windows]
- #3. Calibre - [Windows/macOS/Linux/iOS/Android]
- #4. The Ebook Converter - [macOS]
- #5. GMaster Reader - [macOS]
- #6. CloudConvert - [Online]
- #7. OnlineConvert - [Online]
- #8. Zamzar - [Online]
If you are a Windows PC user, there are several EPUB to PDF converters for Windows you can use to convert EPUB to PDF. One of these apps is EPUB to PDF Converter. As the name suggests, the app allows you to convert all your eBooks into the popular PDF format in no time. The app claims to be fast and you can expect your large files to be converted in a matter of a couple of minutes.
Moreover, a good thing about this tool is that it is not cluttered with loads of options. Instead, what you have on the main screen is a file field that you need to fill with your source EPUB file. Once you do that, you can then click a button to start the EPUB to PDF conversion.
- Totally decluttered user interface
- Accurately convert your EPUB files to PDF
- Extremely easy to use and should be a preferred tool for non-experienced users
- There are not many other features to use
- It only supports EPUB files up to the size of 100MB
- Does not support batch conversion
Learn how to quickly convert your EPUB book to PDF format very easily within seconds! We'll use both online and offline tools for the task! Read Now!
Compatibility: Windows XP/7/8/10
If you are looking for tons of features in the best free EPUB converter software, look no further than Icecream PDF Converter. Using this easy-to-use program, not only can you convert your files to PDF but you can do that with loads of customizations.
This Windows EPUB to PDF converter software has to offer numerous options that you can configure so your files are converted exactly the way you want. It supporting password protect PDF files and will not add any watermark to your converted files as well.
- Convert your EPUB files to PDF in bulk
- Select page ranges while converting your files
- Merge several files into a single PDF file
- You can only process up to 3 files per conversion in the free mode
- There is no option to merge files in the free version of the program
If you are searching for a multi-compatible and open-source EPUB to PDF converter, you should give Calibre a chance. Originally, it is an EPUB reader that lets you read all your ebooks that are in this format. However, using one of the features of the app, you can actually convert your EPUB files to PDF format. This is fairly easy to do and requires no technical experience.
Except for that, one of the many good things about this tool is that it is available in the portable version as well. This means, if you are only looking to convert a few EPUB files and you do not wish to install an app, you can get your conversion done without ever officially installing this app on your system.
- Quickly and easily convert all your EPUB files to PDF
- Completely free and open-source application
- Add and edit metadata while converting your files
- The app does not offer many customizable options
- The process to convert EPUB to PDF is not as easy as other similar apps
Compatibility: macOS 10.10 or later
One of the many nice little perks of being a Mac user is that you have an app to open pretty much any kind of file on your computer. While you can use the built-in iBooks app to view your EPUB files, you cannot change the EPUB into other file formats like PDF.
So if you need to convert the EPUB into PDF on your Mac, you will need an app like The Ebook Converter. This app works like a charm and helps you convert files from many source formats to various output formats. However, it will take more time to do the EPUB conversion than other similar ebook converters.
- Extremely easy to use EPUB to PDF converter program
- You can share your EPUB files from other apps with this app
- Support for many input and output formats
- Can't work without an active Internet connection
Compatibility: macOS 10.9 or later
GMaster Reader is actually an eBook reader for the Mac machines, but it still can work as a Mac EPUB to PDF converter when you need to convert EPUB to PDF format because there is a built-in converter.
With its help, you can convert your eBooks into other formats like PDF to make them available on many more platforms where EPUB is not supported. In addition, this EPIB to PDF app offers various features with regard to reading and managing your eBooks.
- Manage EPUB as well as convert EPUB to PDF
- Offer quick and efficient conversion process
- You do not have any options to customize when converting EPUB to PDF
- Bulk conversion of EPUB to PDF is not supported
- Generate blank PDF files sometimes
If what you are looking to do is to convert only a handful of EPUB files to PDF, you should consider using an online EPUB to PDF converting software rather than an installable app.
One of the web-based tools you can use for your task is CloudConvert. This online EPUB converter allows you to convert any EPUB file that you throw at it to PDF format. It is entirely web-based which means you do not need to install anything on your computer to use the tool.
- Upload EPUB files from multiple sources including cloud storages
- Convert your files without losing their original quality
- No need to install anything on your machine
- Privacy concerns as your file are shared on the CloudConvert server
- Convert only a limited number of files in the free version
- The conversion process takes longer than other apps
OnlineConvert is another online tool allowing for EPUB to PDF conversion. Whether you are looking to convert your media files or you want to turn your EPUB files into PDF, you can do that all using this web-based tool.
You simply need to upload your source files and the tool converts them to your chosen output format. When your EPUB is converted to PDF, you can either download the file to your computer or upload the file to a cloud server.
- Offer several file upload sources
- Many options to customize your EPUB to PDF conversion
- Download or upload your converted files
- Uploading files sometimes takes too long than usual
- In some cases, the original quality is not retained in the converted files
- You cannot merge your files into a single PDF file
Zamzar is also one of the popular online EPUB converter tools and you can use this web app to convert all your EPUB files to the widely recognized PDF format.
You can add your source EPUB files by either dragging them to the site interface or entering the URL for your files. Then, you need to select the output format, which should be PDF, and you are good to go. The site offers email notifications for when your files are converted. This comes in handy when you cannot wait for your files to get converted on the site.
- Support for drag and drop for adding EPUB files
- Convert your EPUB files to PDF and many other formats
- Receive email updates for your file conversion tasks
- You cannot add files from online cloud storage providers
- The maximum file size allowed is only 50MB
- You cannot convert unlimited files daily
Best PDF Maker and Converter for Windows
Apart from converting your EPUB files to PDF, you sometimes need to create a PDF from images or other files or convert PDF documents to other file formats. Given that, we will introduce an excellent PDF converter to complete the task. That's EaseUS PDF Editor.
As its name indicates, it is a PDF editing software, which lets you modify your PDF files by cropping, rotating, adding, or removing items, etc. Actually, editing is just a small part of this program. It supports lots of common and popular file formats, which means you can easily change PDF to other formats or vice versa. Last but not least, this best PDF converter will keep the original fonts, formatting, and quality after the conversion.
PDF Reader and Converter for Windows
- Convert PDF to Word, Excel, PPT, and images quickly
- Create, compress, OCR, merge, annotate, and split PDF
- Make and customize PDF forms painlessly
- Offer OCR to make the scanned file editable
- Allow adding watermark or password to protect your PDFs
Note: EaseUS PDF converting software does not support the EPUB format currently, so you can try the above solutions to do the task if you need to change EPUB to PDF.
If you ever get stuck with an EPUB file that will not open on your computer, use one of the best EPUB to above to convert your EPUB files to PDF. Once the file is converted, you should be able to view the resulting PDF file without an additional tool on your Windows or Mac computer.
About the Author
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video/PDF editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses are aimed at providing more instructive information to users.