How to Fill out a Job Application Form
A job application is important for a person to apply for a job. It should provide the employer with a snapshot of the applicant's availability, education, and past work experience. However, knowing how to write a cover letter for a job application can be tricky for some people. In this article, we will show you how to fill out each blank of your job application form. Just read ahead and follow the content below to prepare your job application.
There are several parts to filling out a job application. Follow the information below to prepare yours.
Part I. Personal Information
(1) Your name and current date. The Job Applicant needs to be identified at the beginning of this process. His or her name is expected in the standard presentation of "First," "Middle," and "Last" where requested.
(2) Your living address. The Job Applicant's residential address must be distributed to the next area. Two lines are provided for this purpose. It is inadvisable to use a P.O. Box address unless absolutely necessary.
(3) E-Mail address. The Job Applicant should be able to provide a valid email address that is actively monitored.
(4) Telephone number. Many potential Employers will contact the Applicant by telephone for important matters, questions, or decisions. The Job Applicant's cell phone and/or home phone number(s) should be displayed with his or her other contact information.
(5) The date that you can start working. The calendar date when the Job Applicant is first able to physically work should be reported.
(6) Expected salary. The pay rate that is expected by the Job Applicant can be defined as a dollar amount paid by the hour or a set yearly salary. The production of this information should be made as a dollar amount followed by either the "Hour" or "Salary" checkbox selected.
(7) Desired post. Let the opposite know what position you want.
(8) Employment Status Sought. It should be indicated whether the Job Applicant seeks "Full-Time," "Part-Time," or "Seasonal" employment. If the Job Applicant is flexible, then any combination of these checkboxes can be selected so long as it matches the Job Applicant's intention.
Learn about how to write resignation letter template easily in 2022!
Part II – Employment Eligibility
(1) Legal eligibility to work. The ability to legally work in the United States should be one of the Job Applicant's qualities. If so, the "Yes" box should be marked or selected. Otherwise, if the Job Applicant is unable to legally work in the United States (i.e., he or she may require Sponsorship), the "No" box should be selected.
(2) Previous hired history. The "Yes" box should be selected if the Job Applicant has worked for the Employer accepting this application. If not, then the "No" box should be marked.
(3) Criminal record. The criminal history of the Job Applicant will need to be established. If he or she has never been convicted of a (felony) crime, then the "No" box must be chosen. If not, then the "Yes" box should be check-marked or selected, and a discussion of the nature of the conviction, the circumstances that led to the conviction as well as its result will need to be documented.
Part III – Education
(1) Education history. A brief history of the Job Applicant's academic history is required for this application. Including the date, you went to and left your high school, college, etc.
(2) Degree status. If the Job Applicant is a College graduate, then the box labeled "Yes" must be selected, and the degree he or she earned should be selected. Otherwise, if he or she did not earn a degree, then the "No" box must be marked.
(3) Other educational facilities or courses. A record of any other type of education attained by the Job Applicant should be included.
(4) Degree or certificate granted. The certificate that the Job Applicant earned at the other Education Facility or Course attended is required to complete this area.
Part IV – Previous Employment
(1) Employer 1. Most Employers will wish to review the employment history of the Job Applicant. Therefore, the name of the last Company or Individual the Job Applicant worked for should be documented.
(2) Contact Information. The email address, telephone number, and the address where the Job Applicant's last Employer can be contacted are required.
(3) Starting Pay. The starting pay is the pay rate the Job Applicant's last Employer paid him or her when he or she first started working. Furnish this dollar amount, then indicate if it is an hourly rate or a yearly salary by marking the appropriate checkbox.
(4) Ending Pay. The pay rate applied to the Job Applicant's work by his or her employer at the end of his or her employment must be on display as well as an indication as to whether this is an hourly pay rate or a salary.
(5) Job Title. The name of the position the Job Applicant held with his or her previous Employer should be produced for review.
(6) Responsibilities. The Job Applicant's work duties or obligations should be documented.
(7) Term Of Employment. The first and last dates of the Job Applicant's employment with his or her last Employer should be furnished to this section to conclude the requested report.
(8) Employer 2. If you had a second job, you need to give the same information as the first job.
(9) Employer 3. If you had a third job, you need to give the same information as the first two jobs.
Part V – References
(1) Full name and relationship of reference. The potential Employer accepting this application for review may wish to review the past employment history of the Job Applicant.
(2) Company and title of the reference. The name of the Company the First Reference works for and the title he or she holds there should be presented.
(3) Contact information. The First Reference's contact information should be provided, beginning with his or her email address and phone number.
(4) The same information of the second, third reference, etc.
Part VI – Military Service
(1) Veteran status. The first checkbox in the "Military Service" section should be selected if the Job Applicant has served in a branch of the military. If not, then the box corresponding to the label "No" should be selected.
(2) Branch and rank. If the Job Applicant served in the military, then the branch that he or she served in and the rank he or she held at the point of discharge must be presented.
(3) Term of service. Production of the dates when the Job Applicant enlisted and the date when he or she was discharged to military service is required.
(4) Type of discharge. Report the discharge status of the Job Applicant. If he or she was not discharged honorably, then an explanation should be displayed in the available area.
Part VII – Background Check Consent
Background check. The Job Applicant must indicate if he or she will consent to a background check. The consent section will allow this permission to be delivered when the Job Applicant selects the "Yes" box and signs this paperwork.
Part VIII – Disclaimer
(1) Job applicant signature. This application will only be considered a valid submission of information if the Job Applicant signs his or her name.
(2) Signature date of a job applicant. The calendar date when the Job Applicant signed this form should be dispensed once he or she signs it.
(3) Printed name of the applicant.
Form I-983 is an official document showing the training plan for a STEM OPT student. STEM OPT means Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) Optional Practical Training (OPT).
Except for filling out a job application template, there are many circumstances that you need to edit a PDF file. Since you may need to do things more than just cancel or add text to PDF, you will need a comprehensive PDF editor. If so, we recommend you to use EaseUS PDF Editor as it is comprehensive and user-friendly at the same time.
This is a tool that can both convert and edit PDF files. With this program, you can convert PDF to Excel, Word, and PPT formats. Converting PDF to images is also a piece of cake for it. When it comes to editing PDF files, EaseUS PDF Editor can help you change font in PDF, add protection to PDF, change PDF page size, etc. If you need to add a watermark, this tool can also achieve that. Now, let's see its main feature below.
- Convert PDF to Office files and vice versa
- Convert PDF to common used image formats
- Edit PDF elements like text, image, etc.
- Remove password from PDF to unlock it
- Print PDF files in the way you like
The content above is what you should fill out in a job application template. Mostly, this can cover all the information needed. Hope it can be helpful to you. If you need a tool to convert and edit a PDF file, you may download and use EaseUS PDF Editor since it meets all your requirements regarding PDF converting and editing.