[2022 Updated] Top 10 Bates Numbering Software Offline/Online
Melissa Lee updated on Oct 31, 2022 | Home > PDF Editor Tutorials | min read
We usually add numbers to the pages in a PDF file to help us identify a page. But do you know what bates numbering is? Bates Numbering is often used to index pages within a set of multiple documents, usually legal documents, for easy identification and retrieval. It is not to be confused with regular page numbering.
So. if you are in a field where legal documents are necessary for your daily work, you may try this numbering method to make your work easier. In case you don't know how to add this kind of number, you may try the bates numbering software we list for you in this article. Read this article through and choose the one you like.
- Top 1. Bates Numbering Software - EaseUS PDF Editor
- Top 2. Bates Numbering Program - PDFill
- Top 3. Adobe Acrobat DC - Bates Numbering App
- Top 4. Able Word - Add Bates Numbering
- Top 5. PDF-XChange Editor
- Top 6. Sejda - Bates Numbering
- Top 7. Soda PDF to Add Bates Numbering
- Top 8. PDF Buddy
- Top 9. Online Freeware
- Top 10. SysTools PDF Bates Numberer
Top 1. Bates Numbering Software - EaseUS PDF Editor
If you are not aware of what program to use when bates numbering a PDF file, EaseUS PDF Editor is here to help. This Windows PDF editor is one of the best tools that supports a wide variety of PDF file editing features.
With this app on your computer, you can edit text in PDF for free, merge multiple PDF pages, split a large PDF, create PDF files from scratch, annotate a PDF, sign your PDF, add page numbers to PDF files, etc. efficiently.
If you want to make finding specific pages in a large PDF file easy, you may download this software from the button below and start bates numbering your PDF files right now!
Main features of EaseUS PDF Editor：
- Add bates numbers or add page numbers to the PDF
- Combine multiple PDF pages into one
- Split a large PDF into several smaller files
- Edit PDF contents like text and images
- Convert PDF to Word, Excel, PPT, and images
Detailed Tutorial on Bates Numbering PDF
Learn about how to bates numbering PDFs for easy identification in 2022!
Top 2. Bates Numbering Program - PDFill
PDFill also provides a way to add bates numbering to your PDF document easily and efficiently. And it has a user-friendly interface to make the bates numbering process easy for you. It offers not just the function to add bates numbering to a PDF but also many other PDF editing features that can be used to edit both text and images on a PDF document.
For instance, you can use it to add headers and footers to a PDF, edit the pages of a document, and even combine separate PDF files to create a single document. You can also use this PDF writer to reorder, delete, encrypt, rotate, and crop PDF pages, etc. Explore more by yourself if you want.
- Easy-to-use interface to make changes easily
- Convert PDF to Excel with simple steps
- Add bates numbering to a PDF with easy steps
- The free version comes with a default watermark
- Some advanced functions are not free
Top 3. Adobe Acrobat DC - Bates Numbering App
When it comes to editing a PDF document, most people think about Adobe Acrobat DC. It is one of the premier PDF creating and editing tools equipped with a great function list for adding, editing, and removing bates numbering from a PDF document.
Except for adding bates numbering, you can use Adobe Acrobat DC to edit the text and images on the PDF document page, make use of the OCR feature to edit scanned documents, convert PDFs to other formats, etc.
- Suitable for creating and editing PDFs
- Easily add bates numbering, headers, and footers
- OCR a PDF with the OCR feature
- More expensive than other similar products
- Not very easy to use for beginners
Top 4. Able Word - Add Bates Numbering
Able Word is one of the best free bates numbering programs in the market. You can use it to add page numbering to PDF documents as you want. In fact, it can do more than that. This app can be used to edit almost everything in your document, including text and images.
It is highly compatible with popular document formats including .DOC & .DOCX. And it can also open a PDF file or save other files in PDF if you want. Since it is simple to install and use, it is widely accepted by its users.
- The functions are free to use
- Edit every part of a PDF document
- Easily adding bates numbering to a PDF
- Can't be used to edit or remove bates numbering
- No automatic spell check function
Top 5. PDF-XChange Editor
PDF-XChange Editor is another free bates numbering program that you can use for any editing purpose, including adding bates numbering to a PDF document. This editor is either available online or offline for both Mac and Windows users.
Besides, it can be used to edit text and images in a PDF. You can even use it to convert PDF to other formats quickly. Let's check its pros and cons below.
- Offer many free functions to its users
- Support other functions like edit PDF image
- It is available online as well
- Can't edit existed bates number
- Some skills are needed to handle it
Top 6. Sejda - Bates Numbering
Sejda is another bates numbering freeware that you can use both online and offline. The online version is a little bit limited in function, while the desktop alternative can be used to edit PDFs in numerous ways.
With this tool, you can add, edit and delete bates numbering from a PDF document. And your files will always stay private. Please make sure to save the files to your device since they will be automatically deleted after 2 hours.
- Have a wide range of editing features
- A completely free online tool to use
- Add signature to PDF easily and quickly
- The function is limited in the free version
- Can't edit already existing bates numbering
Top 7. Soda PDF to Add Bates Numbering
Soda PDF provides you with a comprehensive online PDF bates numbering function that can also be used to edit all other aspects of a PDF file. Whether you're looking to edit, create, convert, merge, split, secure, sign a PDF, or scan the text within image files, Soda PDF helps you with that. Check the pros and cons of it below.
- Offer both online and offline tools
- Support a wide range of features
- Offer advanced functions like OCR
- Create an account before using it
- The interface is not so user-friendly
Top 8. PDF Buddy
PDF Buddy is another online PDF bates numbering software that we want to give you to add bates numbering to your PDF. It may be one of the best PDF online editors you'll ever use since it presents a comprehensive way to edit PDFs without being complicated. With this tool, you can also do things like fill out forms, add signatures, white out text, and highlight content without a hassle.
- It is free and available online
- Offer a wide range of PDF editing features
- No need to download anything to your device
- Can only edit the new bates numbering
- A risk of leaking your data sometimes
Top 9. Online Freeware
Online Freeware is another online PDF editing tool that you can use to add bates numbering to PDF for free. Unlike other programs and online tools, it is pretty basic, which makes it easy to use. However, if you need more functions, it may not be your best choice. Think twice before choosing this one.
- It is free to use and available online
- Manage PDF page numbers easily
- No need to download anything
- It may not be ideal for other editing functions
- Limited functions compared to other tools
Top 10. SysTools PDF Bates Numberer
SysTools PDF Bates Numberer is an all-in-one utility to insert bates numbers in PDF files. It is reliable for adding page numbers to PDF files. The best of this software is that it provides different options to customize the bates number, which makes the PDF pages unique. With this tool, you can also make other changes to your PDF like to add or remove password from PDF.
- Offer multiple formatting options
- Apply any font style as you like
- Add confidential text to a PDF
- The interface is not clear enough for beginners
- It is not stable sometimes
FAQs about Bates Numbering Software
Here are some frequently asked questions about bates numbering software. You may check on them one by one to see if you have the same question.
1. How do I add Bates numbers to a PDF for free?
Use EaseUS PDF Editor. This is one of the best PDF file editors that can help you bates numbering a PDF file with easy steps. It can be used to edit just about everything on your document, including text and images. Moreover, it is quite user-friendly. You can use it without any hassle.
2. How do I number Pages in Adobe?
You can add page numbers in Adobe by going to the "Tools" and then "Pages" panel. Under "Edit Page Design", you need to select "Header and Footer", then select "Add Header or Footer". In the dialog for that you can click the "Insert Page Number" button and fill that out as you want it.
In this article, we give you the best ten bates numbering software to help you add bates numbers to your PDF files. If you only need to add bates numbering, all the tools can achieve your goals. However, if you want to make other changes to your PDF files, you may need EaseUS PDF Editor, as it offers almost all the functions you need in editing a PDF. Download it by clicking the button below now!
About the Author
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to screen recording, video editing, and PDF file converting.