Top 6 PDF Editor Free Download Full Version (2022)
Jane Zhou updated on Oct 19, 2022 | Home > PDF Editor Tutorials | min read
- Recently, Microsoft is making a change to its Microsoft Office branding. Microsoft Office is being renamed by Microsoft 365. After the official renaming, our article content will be updated accordingly.
PDF is the most popular document type that makes it easy for users to read and view content. Everything seems to be very simple with a PDF document until and unless you are stuck in a situation to edit it. Editing a PDF can be cumbersome until you have the right tool or software to do it. However, there are multiple tools online that can help you edit PDF files, but they are not easy to use, and moreover, many of them are paid.
So, here in this article, we have compiled a list of the top 6 PDF editor free download that will help you edit PDFs for free!
Top 1. EaseUS PDF Editor
Compatibility: Windows 10/8.1/8/7
The first pdf editor free download in the list is EaseUS PDF Editor. This Windows 11 PDF editor is an all-in-one PDF editing solution that allows the users to read, edit and create a PDF quickly in just a few simple steps.
With this PDF editing tool, you can easily OCR, merge, create, annotate, and split PDF files flawlessly. No matter which device you're using, the original fonts, pictures, and layout of the document will look the same everywhere.
- 100% secure and safe to use
- Excellent customer base
- Out-of-the-box PDF editing tools are involved
- Free 24/7 customer support service
- Not compatible with operating systems other than Windows
Want to explore more features? Click the below button to get this full version PDF editor now!
2022 | How to Make, Edit, and Print a PDF on Chromebook Easily
Learn about the ways to make, edit, and print a PDF on Chromebook in 2022!
Top 2. PDFsam Basic
Compatibility: Windows, macOS, and Linux
If you are hunting for an open source PDF editor that is easy to use, then PDFsam Basic is the perfect option for you.
The user interface is pretty friendly, and all the PDF editing features are clearly labeled, which makes it effortless for you to edit the PDF quickly. To decide whether PDFsam Basic is the right tool for you or not, have a look at its pros and cons below. But if you ask us, it is the best tool for simple edits like rotating, splitting, and merging.
- It adds no watermarks on the finalized edited PDF file
- No limited trial period
- No limit on how many PDF files you can edit within a specific time frame
- Desktop software is easy to use
- Cannot edit or add text for free
- No online version is available
Top 3. Soda PDF
Compatibility: Windows and mobile devices
Soda PDF is the most suggested choice when it comes to PDF editor free download full version. This feature-rich PDF editing tool is capable, reliable, and strong enough that can meet all your PDF editing requirements with ease. You can use it on your Windows PC, or you can use it on your mobile device by using a web browser.
This software comes in free as well as paid versions, but if you have basic editing requirements, then you can get your work done with the free version itself because the free version of this software involves all the commonly used PDF editing tools. But if you want advanced PDF editing features, you need to upgrade to the paid version of this software.
- It has amazing OCR capabilities
- The user interface is straightforward, as simple as using Microsoft Word
- It supports the securing and signing PDF features
- Free unlimited version upgrades
- Individual users only get a free trial offer for 14 days
Top 4. PDF - XChange Editor
Compatibility: Windows XP or later
Another pdf editor free download in the list is PDF- XChange Editor. It is a free PDF editor that comes with a wide list of features and tools. Some of the most commonly used features of PDF-XChange Editor are adding, editing text, annotations, adding or editing hyperlinks, adding custom stamps, etc.
With PDF – XChange Editor, you won't be able to edit the scanned PDF documents, but the normal PDF documents can easily be edited within less time. If you need more features than what the free version offers, then you need to upgrade to the paid version of this software. However, the features that you will get with the free version will also be sufficient to meet your simple PDF editing requirements.
- Include Optical Character Recognition (OCR) feature, which is not available with most of the free PDF editors
- User-friendly interface
- Offer excellent PDF editing tools
- Allow the users to easily create, view, digitally sign, edit and annotate PDF files
- A watermark is added on the edited PDF file with the free version
- Available only for Windows users
Top 5. Sejda PDF Editor
Compatibility: Mac, Windows, and Linux
Sejda is free PDF editing software that delivers out-of-the-box PDF editing results in just a couple of minutes. The top-notch features of Sejda allow the users to edit the PDF files like professionals.
With this program, you can edit PDF files easily and quickly. In addition to editing the PDFs, you can also add hyperlink to PDF and create fill-able PDF forms seamlessly. To know more about Sejda PDF Editor, have a look at its pros and cons below!
- You can work online or offline with Sejda PDF Editor for free
- PDF docs uploaded online are automatically deleted after 2 hours to ensure safety and privacy
- While editing PDF text, you can search and edit text easily
- It involves a limit of 3 PDF files per hour online
- The free version supports PDF documents under 50 MB or 200 pages
Top 6. Small PDF
Compatibility: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux
Small PDF is an excellent PDF editing tool that helps you to edit PDFs in few simple steps. It provides you with a wide array of features that can help you modify or edit the PDF file flawlessly. With Small PDF, you will get 20+ tools to compress, edit or convert the PDF for free.
If we talk about its PDF editing tools, then it has quite much everything that you will need to edit a PDF file online at no charge. Whether you want to add a new text, edit an existing text or add a digital signature, you will be able to do everything for free with this fantastic PDF editor.
- 20+ PDF editing tools
- You need not create an account to use Small PDF's editing tools online
- Free mobile apps are available along with the desktop and website version
- Quick document conversion
- The free version is limited to 7 days to edit PDF's offline
- No monthly payment options involved
These are the best-in-class top 6 PDF editor free download for Windows and Mac. After comparing the pros, cons, and features of all the software mentioned above, we have come to the conclusion that EaseUS PDF Editor is the best PDF editor that can modify PDFs within no time.
Best of all, it has a vast number of embedded tools that will let you work with your PDF files seamlessly. Switch to EaseUS PDF Editor now and get a feature-rich PDF editor installed on your PC.
About the Author
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video/PDF editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses are aimed at providing more instructive information to users.