Top 12 Best Free PDF Reader for Windows 10 (2022 Updated)
- Recently, Microsoft is making a change to its Microsoft Office branding. Microsoft Office is being renamed by Microsoft 365. After the official renaming, our article content will be updated accordingly.
The PDF file type is widely used in modern society. Having the right PDF reader to open and view PDF files is vital. If you are not familiar with this type of file, you should know that Windows 10 already comes with a default PDF reader called Microsoft Edge. With this software, you can open and read PDF files that contain photos, tables, charts, and other types of data.
However, it just offers limited functions for viewing PDFs. If you want to find an alternative or want to learn more best PDF readers for Windows 10, you will get your desired answer in this post. Now let's look at the top 12 best Windows 10 PDF viewers.
Top 1. EaseUS PDF Editor - Best PDF Reader for Windows
Better than the Windows default PDF viewer, EaseUS PDF Editor can run perfectly and smoothly on Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7. This software can be used by any user thanks to its simple user interface. To get started, all you need to do is install the program and open the PDF you want to view. Then you can view your PDF files flexibly in different modes, including rotating, zooming, etc.
What's more, it is an excellent Windows PDF editor, as its name implies. With its help, you can add comments or lines to PDF files, or highlight PDF files while reading. If you are viewing a PDF contract, you can even add a signature to PDF document using this PDF software effortlessly.
- It can open all sorts of document types
- Enable to add or remove watermark from PDF while viewing
- Help you manage your PDF files like a pro
- Support PDF conversion tasks
Top 2. Adobe Acrobat Reader - Professional PDF Reader for Windows
Adobe Reader has been around for several years as well, and it is regarded as the best Windows 10 PDF viewer and editor. This PDF voice reader lets you open and read any type of PDF document. Also, it has newer features to make your experience even better. For example, it has incorporated Adobe Acrobat Document Cloud to download, convert, and edit PDF files on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Furthermore, there's also a new file comparison tool that compares two PDF files fast and precisely to discover any changes. If you want to compare several revisions of the same piece of work, this could be useful.
- It has excellent accessibility features
- You can open multiple PDF files at once
- Let you snapshot PDF to share it quickly
- You can protect your sensitive data
- It works across different platforms like PC, tablet, and smartphone
- It can work slow when editing too many files at once
Top 3. Foxit PhantomPDF Reader - Easy-to-Use Windows PDF Viewer
PhantomPDF is among the best free PDF reader for Windows 10. It delivers a range of cloud-based features that allow you to open and customize PDF documents. The Windows PDF viewer will enable you to produce and change PDFs while also providing various sophisticated management, security, and collaboration functions. You can control who has access to documents, track who opens them, send document requests to colleagues, and inform readers of document revisions.
Beyond that, this program also includes several essential editing tools. For example, you may adjust the layout of a document, rearrange PDF pages, and add stamps, watermarks, headers, and footers to make your papers look more professional.
- It allows you to read in full-screen mode
- You can merge several PDF documents
- You can upload files to the cloud
- It has a complex user interface
Top 4. Kofax Power PDF - All-in-One PDF Reader and Editor
Kofax Power PDF allows you to open, read, edit, annotate, and distribute PDF documents rapidly. There are various versions of the Windows 10 PDF reader and editor available, each with its own set of features.
It has a standard version that lets you view, create, convert, and merge PDF documents and fill out forms. In addition, this Windows 10 PDF viewer and editor also has scanning and OCR functionality that allows you to convert scanned images of invoices and receipts into PDFs. You can select different versions according to your needs.
- You can open several tabs of PDF documents at once
- You have many security features available
- It allows you to convert scanned documents into PDFs
- The advanced version is expensive
Top 5. Soda PDF - Cross-Platform PDF Viewer
Soda PDF is another great Windows 10 PDF reader to open and read any PDF document. It helps you study, annotate, send, and track documents from a single user interface. This program may now be linked to Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox, making document download and distribution much simple.
Another fantastic feature of the program is its batch processing capability, which allows you to produce and convert several PDF files at once. You may also use the e-sign option to build and share PDF-based contracts with clients or partners.
- Compatible with any type of PDF document
- Wide variety of editing tools for PDF files
- Compatible with Google Drive and other cloud platforms
- Not a wide variety of editing features
Top 6. Microsoft OneNote - Completely Free PDF Reader
Microsoft OneNote is a productivity tool that works on Windows, mobile devices, and the web. It can also be used as a free PDF reader for Windows 10 to open and view your important PDF document.
The advantage of using OneNote is that you can store all of your documents in the cloud. This means that you can access your documents no matter wherever you are, even if you are offline. Also, you have access to some editing features.
- It includes many PDF editing options
- You can access it on any device
- You don't have to store the documents on your computer since you have access to the cloud
- It can be slow at times.
- The online app's search is deficient
Top 7. Slim PDF - Lightweight Windows 10 PDF Reader
Slim PDF is a lightweight PDF reader for Windows 10. To provide a better and simplified PDF viewing experience, this PDF reader offers an all-new user interface with a light and dark theme, and improved navigation.
Apart from enabling you to read PDF documents, it also provides a full range of advanced and customizable annotation tools, which let you add comments and other annotations while reading. Most importantly, the download size is only 15MB, and it is always called the smallest desktop PDF reader in the world.
- Neat user interface
- Allow filling out interactive forms
- One-click to print your PDF documents
- Limited editing tools
Top 8. Nitro Reader - Windows PDF Reader for Free Download
Nitro Reader is one of the best free Windows 10 PDF readers. You can use it to open any kind of PDF no matter the size and content.
What's more, it is also useful for all basic PDF editing features, which means users can easily split, merge, add items, or do other editing work to their PDF documents without hassle. Most importantly, users can also use it to produce PDFs from scratch.
- Open several PDF file tabs at once
- Merge and compare PDF documents
- It comes with a complete set of free PDF editing tools
- With heavy PDF, OCR is ineffective
Top 9. Expert PDF Viewer - Versatile PDF Viewer and Editor for Windows
Expert PDF Viewer is a free PDF viewer for Windows, which allows you to open and print PDFs. You can also use it to make simple changes to existing PDF documents. Furthermore, you can use it to add stamps and edit document outlines and annotations. It is straightforward and quick to use.
Despite not having many editing features, it is still good software for opening and reading basic PDF files.
- It has text and image editing capabilities
- You can compress PDF files
- Offer basic editing tools
Top 10. PDF Exchange - Open Source Windows PDF Reader
PDF Exchange is a feature-rich free Windows 10 PDF reader with a lot of reading options. You can view, create, and edit PDF documents as you want. And there are also features to OCR scanned documents and digitally sign files.
If you need more features, you can upgrade to the pro version, which allows you to create and edit PDF fillable forms, and make other adjustments to your PDF files.
- It has text editing capabilities
- You can convert PDF files to images
- You can compress and merge PDF files
- The advanced version is expensive
Top 11. Qiqqa - Basic Yet Useful Windows PDF Reader
Qiqqa allows you to safeguard and organize your PDF files, making them instantly accessible and searchable across your devices. Because it includes automatic tagging, identification, and categorization, you'll never have to waste time looking for missing PDF documents again. Also, this Windows 10 PDF reader can highlight, edit font size and color, and place annotations on the text.
- Download multiple PDF papers more quickly.
- It has plenty of PDF editing features
- You can open PDF files straight from the web
- It is not user-friendly
Top 12. Google Drive - Online Windows 10 PDF Reader
The last PDF reader viewer for Windows 10 we shared is Google Drive, which helps you open your PDF documents easily and quickly without any installation.
Besides, this program performs well in PDF editing and converting. With its aid, you can change any office document into PDF, or store the important PDFs in the cloud for viewing anytime. By the way, it is completely free!
- Supports SSL encryption
- Store your PDF files in the cloud and access them anywhere, anytime
- Straightforward user interface
- Need to connect to the Internet while using it
FAQs about Best Free PDF Reader for Windows 10
1. What is the best free PDF reader?
The programs belwo can be used to read a PDF file, just have a look and choose one from the list.
- 1. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- 2. EaseUS PDF Editor
- 3. Foxit PDF Reader
- 4. Slim PDF
- 5. Nitro Reader
- 6. PDF-XChange Editor
2. Is Foxit Reader better than Adobe?
To answer a question like this, we mainly take the function and user-interchangeability of them into consideration. In fact, Adobe Reader has more features than Foxit, including PDF annotating and PDF form filling. However, Foxit is faster and easier to use. For users who only need basic PDF viewing capabilities, Foxit may be the more affordable option. But if you need to make more changes, we recommend using Adobe.
In this article, you learned about the 12 best free PDF reader for Windows 10, which can help you view and even edit your PDF file with ease. Among those programs, we strongly recommend EaseUS PDF Editor. Because it not only allows you to read your PDFs but also enables you to create, edit, and manage the files with simple clicks.
About the Author
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video/PDF editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses are aimed at providing more instructive information to users.