Top 6 Best PDF Writer for Mac (2022)
- Recently, Microsoft is making a change to its Microsoft Office branding. Microsoft Office is being renamed by Microsoft 365. After the official renaming, our article content will be updated accordingly.
Usually need to deal with PDF documents in your work or study? Want to find some excellent PDF writers for Mac to edit and write on PDF files without hassle? If you have these needs, you have come to the right place.
Here, we are going to share with you the 6 best free Mac PDF writers, which help you create and edit PDF documents on Mac within seconds. All you need to do is to select your desired one, get it on your Mac device with a few simple clicks, and then start writing on PDFs. The word does not say more, so let's dig into more information now.
Top 1. Preview
When it comes to dealing with PDF files on Mac, there is an inbuilt program called Preview, which can help you complete many PDF-related tasks, including viewing, editing, printing, etc. With its help, you can flexibly add or delete text, images, or hyperlinks from the PDF files. Besides, the conversion feature is also available here, so you can convert PDF to JPG, PNG, or other formats while keeping the original quality. Last but not least, this Mac PDF writer is free, so if you are searching for freeware, look no more than Preview.
- Completely free
- Allow viewing various files easily, including PDF, JPG, PNG, and many more
- Enable you to annotate your PDF files by adding comments or bookmarks, highlighting, etc.
- Add password to PDF files to protect some important information
Top 2. Adobe Acrobat DC
Adobe Acrobat DC is a nice option for those who want to find a professional Mac PDF writer. This program has a great reputation worldwide and is regarded as one of the best PDF programs that can deal with almost any task.
Coming with a simple and attractive user interface, this software makes the operation easy for all levels of users. It provides numerous features from PDF editing and converting to PDF managing. As for its editing functions, this software allows you to insert images, add shapes or stamps, redact PDF, or even watermark your PDF files without effort. More than that, you can also use it to manage PDF pages, like cropping, splitting, reversing, combing, etc. All in all, you will find all the features you want in Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android
- The OCR technology is available to make your scanned PDFs editable
- Sign PDF document quickly
- Built-in spellcheck automatically fixes your edits
Top 3. PDF Expert
Another Mac PDF writer is PDF Expert, which is easy to use and can do any PDF task. This software provides a full set of tools to help you edit and manage your PDF documents, such as reading PDF books, editing and signing PDF documents, taking notes, converting formats, and more. One of its highlights is its powerful PDF editing feature. With its aid, you are able to edit text, images, links, and comments in your PDF file in a fast and effortless way. If needed, you can also manage your PDF pages by adding, deleting, and reordering.
- Work perfectly on iOS devices and Mac
- Make old scans look great by fixing distortions, removing shadows, etc.
- Support converting PDF to Microsoft documents and images
- Fill out and sign PDFs without hassle
Top 4. PDFPen
PDFPen is an all-purpose PDF editor for Mac and iOS users, which will improve your workflow and productivity when it comes down to PDF. This program lets you add text, images, and signatures to PDF, or mark up the documents with underscoring, strikethrough, and highlighting. In addition, it allows you to record and playback audio annotations in PDFs easily. Moreover, it can protect your essential PDF document with passwords, or you can redact your file for unauthorized viewing and editing.
- Support different modes to view PDF files
- Compress PDFs to get smaller file sizes for later sharing
- OCR your scanned documents
- Allow adjusting resolution, color depth, and contrast
Top 5. Foxit PDF Editor
As one of Adobe Acrobat alternatives, Foxit PDF Editor also performs professionally in editing and writing PDF files. This Mac PDF writer enables you to edit your PDFs like a pro. Using this program, you will find that all PDF tasks will be done in minutes, including creating PDFs, organizing and manipulating PDF pages, protecting files, and many more.
Apart from being an amazing PDF writer, it is also a PDF converter for Mac, which lets you change PDF into other formats without losing quality. Unlike other PDF converting software, Foxit allows you to export the whole document or just a selected area to your desired format.
- Enable PDFs accessibility for disabled people
- Convert scanned documents to editable using the OCR technology
- Sign PDF documents easily and quickly
Top 6. FineReader PDF
The last PDF writer for Mac is FineReader PDF, which helps you get all the PDF-related jobs done effortlessly, including creating, editing, organizing, and protecting PDFs. As for its editing features, this software offers you options to edit entire paragraphs, add new text paragraphs, change text formatting, rearrange page layout, pictures, etc. Plus, it is integrate with mobile devices, that's you can enable integration with FineReader PDF for iOS or Andoird and create scans on your smartphone if you have this software for Mac.
- Integrated with mobile devices and Microsoft Office
- Digitize paper documents and scans with OCR technology
- Support a wide range of PDF conversion tasks
Bonus Tip: Best Free PDF Writer for Windows - EaseUS PDF Editor
We have shared with you some PDF writer for Mac above. But sometimes you may work on a Windows PC, so it is also necessary to learn some Windows PDF writer, and that's what we are going to talk about in this section.
While speaking PDF writer for Windows, you can opt for EaseUS PDF Editor, an all-in-one PDF program. This Windows PDF editor makes PDF editing and writing a piece of cake, and you can freely add or remove text, images, links in your PDF files. Also, it has powerful PDF converting features that let you convert PDF to or from other file formats in a snap, with keeping the original layout and formatting.
EaseUS PDF Editor
- Annotate PDF files by highlighting, adding bookmarks, etc.
- Encrypt and decrypt PDF documents in seconds
- Reduce PDF file size without losing quality
- Manage PDF pages in the way you want
The Bottom Line
On this page, we have introduced 6 best PDF writers for Mac, and you can choose your desired one based on your needs. Moreover, we also offer an option for Windows users to edit and write on PDF, if needed. Anyway, we hope you can get help from this post.
About the Author
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video/PDF editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses are aimed at providing more instructive information to users.