Top 9 Free PDF Printer for Windows 10/Mac/Mobile Phone
The PDF format works flawlessly on any modern computer, tablet, or smartphone. If, in any case, you want to share any document, PDF is the most preferred format to use, thanks to its portability and compatibility! With the availability of a plethora of best free PDF printer programs and tools, you can easily print to PDF. All you need to do is choose a file and use the Print option available in the program.
In this article, you'll get to know some of the best print to PDF software for Windows, Mac, and smartphones that will make it easy for you to print any document to PDF without any hassle.
Top 9 Best Free PDF Printer Free Download
- EaseUS PDF Editor
- Adobe Acrobat XI Printer
- PDF Printer for Windows 7
- PDF-Xchange Printer
- Mac Computer Built-in PDF Printer
- Nitro PDF Printer
- PrinterShare™ Mobile Print
When it comes to printing images or documents to PDF on Windows 10 PC, there are lots of free and paid virtual PDF printers for you, and EaseUS PDF Editor ranks top of them.
This free Windows 10 PDF printer lets you print your image and Microsoft files to PDF with ease. Before printing, you can choose to modify the file with the editing tools, such as adding text, removing watermarks, adding a date to PDF, and so on.
What's more, it is also one of the best PDF converter software. Speaking about its converting options, it enables you to change PDF to more than 10+ popular and common file formats without losing quality.
No matter you use PC, Mac, or mobile phone, you can learn how to print to PDF without effort in this blog.
One of the best and the most recommended free PDF printer is the Adobe Acrobat XI Printer. This amazing PDF printing solution is continuously proving to be the best go-to solution for most users when it comes to printing to PDF on Windows or Mac.
Through unique plugins and features, this PDF file printing solution offers a wide variety of annotation and editing features. Not only this, Adobe Acrobat XI Printer also supports all kinds of PDFs activities, including encrypted ones.
- One-stop solution for all PDF needs
- Multiple editing and annotation features
- Users can edit the PDF in any way they want by using any of the plugins available
- The plugin to edit the PDF is not free, and the support for it has ended
If you are looking for a free PDF printer for Windows 7, this will surely prove to be a great option! To an application, the PDF Printer for Windows 7 looks like a printer that allows the application to write a document as a PDF document in a similar manner it would help print the document to the printer.
While using this print to PDF software, whenever a user prints a document to a PDF document, the software then creates a PDF document rather than sending the file to an inkjet or laser printer.
- Create Adobe PDF documents easily
- Convert emails to Adobe PDF files
- Apply passwords and assign permissions
- Quickly regenerate a PDF file
- The user interface is not visually pleasing
Another best free virtual PDF printer on the list is PDF-Xchange Printer. This PDF printer is highly reliable, making it an easy-to-use solution for printing to PDFs.
Speaking about the editing features, they are pretty advanced, making it convenient for the users to annotate and edit the documents perfectly before printing. With a lightweight PDF software program and advanced features, the PDF-Xchange Printer is one of the best PDF printers compatible with Windows 7 and 10.
- Integrate file optimization with razor-sharp quality
- Advanced and unique PDF editing options
- Offer unbeatable power at an unbeatable price
- Its user interface is not as good as offered by the other programs
One of the best free PDF printers for Mac users is Mac Computer Built-in PDF Printer. You can easily use it to print to a PDF file directly. It moreover allows printing the documents, webpages, and any other kind of file as a PDF document without even requiring you to install any additional software.
If you are confused regarding how to print PDF on Mac by using Mac Computer Built-In PDF Printer, it's quite simple that requires no advanced technical skills.
- Supported by all Mac versions
- Allow users to save the document as a PDF in the desired location
- Allow printing a PDF document in just a few simple steps
- No additional software is required
- Do not offer unique features like the other PDF printers for Mac
Another free print to PDF software is Nitro PDF Printer. This virtual PDF printer enables you to create a PDF file from any application capable of printing. Moreover, this software is ready to use without requiring any configuration, and is automatically installed to your Windows printer manager.
Apart from being a free PDF printer, it also performs well in PDF editing, converting, and managing. To conclude, it is a versatile PDF program for dealing with PDF files.
- Allow creating PDFs on any program and device
- Support converting PDFs into editable Word, Excel, PPT, or other file formats
- Offer various PDF editing tools
- Limited features in the free version
With an easy-to-remember name, CutePDF is one of the most recommended free PDF printers for Mac. This outstanding printing to PDFprogram works as a stand-alone interface that can work seamlessly with ghost script to help you create a PDF file without any need to buy the writer software.
In order to learn how to print PDF on Mac with this PDF printer, you will be required to install a PS2PDF converter which is basically a driver that supports processing PDF printing tasks.
- Printing involves using the "PRINT" button
- Allow the users to select the destination folder to save the output file
- Easy to use user-interface
- It does not offer a text editing tool
PrinterShare™ Mobile Print is a PDF printing application for Android smartphones. This PDF printing application is published by Mobile Dynamix. It allows the users to print the PDF document from an Android tablet or smartphone. In order to print the document to a PDF, you can use any of the multiple wireless connections like Bluetooth, Wi-FI, USB, or internet.
- Work excellently on Android V1.5 or higher
- Offer multiple options for controlling the paper size, pager range, orientation, etc.
- Available in paid and free version
- Some paper sizes like a ledger, letter, etc. may not be compatible with print
For a while, "Print to PDF" has been the feature of the iOS X system. But it was not until version iOS 9 Apple released Save PDF to iBooks, which makes the app a handy "printer" option. This feature was introduced in iOS 9 and assisted users in rendering the content or document to a PDF file. After that, it lets users print to PDF directly to the library. You can view it later through the iBooks app.
- Available on every iPad and iPhone with iOS 9
- Allow you to email the PDF document or share it somewhere else
- You can sync PDFs with iTunes to access them on a computer
- The app crashes, sometimes
That's all on the best free PDF printers that are worth trying. Whether you want a PDF printer for Mac, Windows, Android, or iOS, all the options mentioned above will genuinely offer you a flawless PDF printing experience. You can select any of them depending on your print to PDF requirements and the one that suits you the most based on their respective features, pros, and cons.
About the Author
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video/PDF editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses are aimed at providing more instructive information to users.